Dog Training Programs
These services are Currently Unavailable as of 11/5/2020.
We Will Be Focusing On Pet Sitting During the End of Year Holidays. We Will Update Once Training Services Resume.
Dog training provides many benefits to both the dog and the owner. Training is a critical element in bonding and communicating with your dog, and no dog is too old to learn new skills. Training is just as important as anything else you consider a need for your dog. The ultimate benefit of dog training is happiness for both of you!
REQUIREMENTS TO START TRAINING
• Before training services start, we require a consultation to assess every dog's social skills and temperament.
• The vaccinations we require are Bordetella (Kennel Cough Prevention), Distemper and Parvo (DHPP/DAPP/DA2PP), and Rabies.
• Your dog does not have to be spayed or neutered since dogs are under constant supervision, but females in heat must stay home during their cycle.
• Your dog must be on an active Flea and Heartworm Control program.
• Dogs must be over 12 weeks old for group play.
•Dogs must wear a flat collar and ID tag with current contact information.
• If you need to cancel a reservation, please contact us immediately.
Basic Obedience Training Programs
Our Lodge and Learn Program is a unique program designed to put your pup on the fast track to better behavior and improved obedience. Lodge and Learn involves daily training for your dog during the entire length of their stay, which is two consecutive weeks. The program includes their own individual training sessions, group playtime with corrective work, and constant reinforcement in our home environment. If you are interested in the Lodge and Learn Program, but would instead your dog home in the evenings, we also provide Life Skills Schooling.
Life Skills Schooling is the same curriculum as Lodge and Learn, but broken into two stages.
Life Skills Schooling is Monday-Friday and doesn’t require your dog to lodge with us. These stages are Life Skills 1, which goes over the beginning skills and cues of basic obedience and Life Skills 2, which will cover the next steps of necessary commands in your pup’s continual education. You must complete Life Skills 1 to take Life Skills 2. At the end of each program, there will be an hour training session with the human client and the canine client.
At this time, we will go over every cue your dog has learned during their sessions with us. The point of this session is to teach the human client how to reinforce these new behaviors in their day to day lives because training upkeep is a daily effort!
If you are interested in any of the services above, fill out this contact form.
Fill out the contact form to receive a call within the next 24 hours.